Monday, June 22, 2009

New Block of the Month Pattern Block Four


A lovely old Grandfather clock and a little cheeky mouse make up the theme of block four in my new block of the month quilt pattern. You guessed it, it's Hickory Dickory Dock.

One of my passions is collecting old furniture and memorabilia. My parents always had a fascination for old things and I have many a fond memory spending hours at country auctions. Often this was not as idealistic as it sounds. Many a day was spent in stifling heat and dust waiting , waiting waiting for that treasured item to come up in the sale. But during these outings I learned a lot from Dad about what to look for in a quality piece. And before long I also had the bug and started dragging my poor husband off to as many sales as I could find.

So when it came to thinking about the Grandfather clock my little mouse would scamper up, I knew it had to be old. I am constantly amazed at the attention to detail and craftsmanship found in old furniture. And clocks are among the best examples.


Do yourself a favour and spend a few minutes to admire the beautiful detail on these Grandfather clocks.

















































































And here is the top of my clock.


block of the month pattern block4














Then there was consideration for the little mouse who would go running up the clock until the hour of one. Would he be white?























Or would he be brown?
















Or maybe Gray or maybe Tartan































Here's what I decided.


block of the month pattern block4















I had heaps of fun creating this block.


block of the month pattern block4



















Stay tuned for the next one in the block of the month pattern series, it's coming soon.
Until then.
Warmly Lenna

3 comments:

Breigh said...

Ooooooh!! I cannot wait for this! I love this block! I think Hey Diddle Diddle is still my favorite, but this is a very close 2nd! Great job :D

Phyllis said...

I love clocks of all kinds. This block is my favorite that you've done in this series yet!

Carrie P. said...

Another great block. Love the little mouse.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails