Monday, February 6, 2012

Felt Noah's Ark Animals

In keeping with my Noah's Ark theme for this year, I have been sewing some mini animals from felt. My plan is to make a 3D Ark from fabric and felt with Noah, his wife and of course the animals. I thought this would make a lovely accompaniment to my new quilt. So far I have two camels and an elephant.


I thought it best to begin with the animals and work my way up to Noah and his ark. Truth is I don't really know how I am going to construct the Ark, I just have it in my head at this stage and roughly sketched on a piece of paper. Hoping hubby will come to the rescue when I build my prototype with a few handy suggestions.

Had to race down to the Lyre Bird for some more wool felt this morning. (For all Tassie readers, the Lyre Bird has relocated to the very top end of Liverpool Street, it is now on the corner of Liverpool and Mole Street)
Now that I have some more felt, next on the list is a companion for the elephant and two fat, little, pink pigs.
I have then cut out ready to sew together.


Hope to have them finished with a few other animals by next week so that I can share them with you as well.

I am sooooo enjoying this project. Back to sewing I go!

6 comments:

Carrie P. said...

YOur little felt animals are adorable.

Merrill said...

All your animals are delightful and I especially love the zebras and camels. Keep sewing so we can see some more!

Anonymous said...

I am sure this post has touched all the internet viewers, its really really good paragraph on building up new weblog.


Feel free to surf to my web-site; asian music

Momy D said...

I need 2 elephants

2 bears

2 dogs

2 cats

Please contact me at
danyrasilva7@gmail.com


Momy D said...

I need 2 elephants

2 bears

2 dogs

2 cats

Please contact me at
danyrasilva7@gmail.com


Momy D said...

I love your felt animals

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails