So I went to work and here is what I came up with.
I found some hand spun natural wool in my drawer which I used for their hair and Noah's beard.
I also had some hand dyed wool felt in coordinating greens which worked well for their robes which I decorated with some simple embroidery.
Here they are on the Ark
The animals are almost ready to embark.
The excitement is building. Say tuned!
PS I am currently finalizing the pattern for this project which will be made up of a set of three patterns. I also plan to have some starter kits available which will take all the had work out of finding the materials for this project. More to come soon.