Sunday, April 1, 2012

Noah's Ark Project Continues

When I began to research Noah and his wife for my Noah's Ark project, a few characteristics became very clear. From looking at pictures I was reminded of the fact that Noah and his wife were simple, humble folk.So dressing them as such was important. It was also very clear that Noah was to have a flowing white beard and a Staff.


 
So I went to work and here is what I came up with.
 
  I found some hand spun natural wool in my drawer which I used for their hair and Noah's beard.
I also had some hand dyed wool felt in coordinating greens which worked well for their robes which I decorated with some simple embroidery.

Here they are on the Ark


The animals are almost ready to embark.
The excitement is building. Say tuned!

PS I am currently finalizing the pattern for this project which will be made up of a set of three patterns. I also plan to have some starter kits available which will take all the had work out of finding the materials for this project. More to come soon.


6 comments:

Sherry said...

Your project is so great. I love what you did for Noah and his wife.

Anne said...

Gorgeous! Mr and Mrs Noah are perfect :)

Orlie said...

This is Great!!! Love your work on the family.

CARELI said...

Beautiful! So similar to the originals! I love them!

Hugs

CARELI

linny said...

I am so looking forward to this pattern. It's great that we can get a starter kit as well.
lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

Carrie P. said...

cute! looks like Noah's hair is blowing in the wind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails