Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Homespun Magazine Felt Christmas Decorations

Have you checked out this month's issue of Homespun Magazine?

It's fabulous and I am thrilled to be apart of it. I have a sweet little collection of felt Christmas decorations to share with you, they're perfect for the tree.



Readers in Australia will know all about Christmas in July, although international readers may be scratching their heads and wondering what all the Christmas fuss is about.

You see July is chilly here in Australia so it is a perfect opportunity to cook up the traditional Christmas foods without breaking out in a hot sweat. It's our opportunity to experience the festive season all over again, and crafters embrace the chance to start on their Christmas sewing.

That's why each year I look forward to Homespun Magazine's Christmas in July issue and this year it has exceeded all my expectations. Projects include a Christmas quilt, Santa sack, a cute trio of felt Santas, and an amazing wall hanging. There's even a Christmas card holder and of course my little collection of felt Christmas decorations. I love it all!

Here's a peek at my felt project for you.


And a close up of my little Robin


These felt Christmas decorations can be whipped up in a weekend, so grab a copy of Homespun Magazine and start stitching. Hope you enjoy making them as much as I did.

Warmly Lenna

11 comments:

Tatkis said...

Your robin is so cute! Such a pity that it's very hard to get those magazine in Russia!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Lenna...I received the mag on Tuesday and started 3 of the projects yesterday...I love them, Thank You, Dzintra♥x

Jan Gartlan said...

Congratulations! These are gorgeous.

Tracey said...

Love the cute robin,
He looks easy to make,

Take care

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Lenna...these are just gorgeous...I have made 3 of them now and posted about it!!! They were so much fun and easy to follow...Just love them....Happy Christmas in July...Dzintra♥x

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I love there magazine, I think it is time for me to take a subscribtion! Looks as though you have insprired many of your followers including me! Thanks for sharing with all of you friends. Carolyn from Des Moines, Iowa

Unknown said...

Such cute ornaments but I haven't found a copy of Homespun Magazine in Texas.

bjhuff said...

That robin is cute I will go and get my copy so I can see the other goodies!!! Thanks for letting us know!!!

Posy Linda said...

Hi Lenna;) I've enjoyed checking out your lovely blog. I love Christmas decorations and those felt ornaments you designed look fun to make. I'll be looking for a copy of the magazine right away.

Dee said...

Bought the magazine, and your article is great. So hard to track down a copy of the mag as not all newsagents carry it. The robin is so cute. Maybe you could organise paypal for those ladies looking for copies and post them out:)
(()) Diane

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Congratulations! I don't take that magazine and what to. I sometimes can buy it at Barnes and Noble Book Store-- Love your projects and thanks for sharing! Carolyn from Des Moines, Iowa U

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails