Monday, March 16, 2009

Little Green Cottage Workshop in Hobart

Feel like a day of sewing, painting, good food and laughs ?Then you are invited to join me. Little Green Cottage in conjunction with the Needlewoman are coming together for a day of fun!
This week I have been planning a workshop in conjunction with Delia of the Needlewoman. Delia had a divine shop on Liverpool Street, right in the heart of Hobart. It is brimming with beautiful fabrics and has an ideal area upstairs for sewing gatherings.
Some of my block of the month quilt patterns are currently on show in Delia's shop, one of which is in the front window. This quilt in particular seems to have intrigued many interested sewers who are eager to learn how I colourwash fabric. So all will be revealed in an upcoming workshop
planned for 5th May.
The focus of the workshop will be on creating one of the panels taken from my Kiss of the Sun block of the month quilt shown below.




Here is the panel before I worked the hand embroidered garden.




The day will be a hands on approach so that you can sample this technique for yourself.

Here is another sample of this technique from the same block of the month quilt project.

















Hand embroidery stitches used throughout this quilt will also be demonstrated and I will be sharing all my little tips and secrets. Delia has a scrumptious luncheon organized and of course there will be some yummy morning and afternoon tea as well.


This is a special event that you won't want to miss.

If you would like to join me you can contact me via this blog site and I will be happy to forward all the details to you. Email me at littlegreencottage@intas.net.au

I'm sooooo looking forward to this workshop and hope you can join me.
Warmly Lenna

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails