Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Nursery Rhyme Quilt



It's finally finished, my new nursery rhyme quilt.
This block of the month pattern series has been floating around in my head for some time so it's such a relief to finally see it finished. I have been thrilled with the response from everyone and have enjoyed hearing stories about new baby arrivals and special grand children.

One lady wrote to tell me that as she printed out the pattern she was reminded of her own childhood and the pleasant memories she had of her own mother reciting nursery rhymes to her. This brought a smile to my face because I too have fond memories of singing nursery rhymes to my own children when they were younger. 
I hope they never get lost in our society because they have such value.

If you would like to share the journey of my nursery rhyme quilt, see the blocks close up and discover how you could be stitching this quilt starting from today, head on over to Stitching Cow.
There's a special slide show presentation to enjoy or go direct to the Nursery Rhyme Quilt information page. Enjoy!
Warmly Lenna 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails