Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Block of the Month Quilting Pattern - Twinkle Twinkle

I've just finished another Block for my new block of the month quilting pattern. This week it's all about Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Truth is I was not happy with my fist idea for this block so went back to the drawing board and came up with a new design.

Stars are such wonderful things aren't they? Its no wonder that they inspire so many craft people.
Here are a few photos for you to enjoy.

Star in wool, is he knitted or crocheted?

Mario's Star by t0fugurl.

Timber button stars, wish these were amongst my button collection!

sTaR bUttonS by fizzee*.

Knitted stars ready for felting

Pre-felting by WordRidden.

Hand pieced stars in lovely fabrics

I'm seeing stars by Twenty-eighth Street.

Which brings me to my star inspired block.
With a few hand pieced stars of my own...













and a small village on the hill.




































Twinkle Twinkle Little Star has always been one of the favourite nursery rhymes. I have very find memories of my children when they were younger beaming with delight as they performed the actions as I sang along. I can still see their chubby little fingers being twinkling stars.

Have you ever incorporated stars into one of your sewing projects?
Feel free to leave a comment and share your project ideas with others.

Until next time!
Warmly Lenna
www.stitchingcow.com

7 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Your blocks are coming right along and looking very good.

Nancy said...

I am loving these blocks so far. I use stars all the time in my quilts. In fact, you will see stars on my latest blog post on a BOM quilt. The blocks were to have hearts appliqued and I substituted stars....

Nancy Page said...

Love the hand-pieced stars. Great work. I put gold stars on an Americana quilts that I gave away. They added the right touch. Have a gread day. Did you use English paper piecing for piecing the stars? Great work. Have a great day.

Grammy Sue said...

Your embroidery is so nice and even. Do you use the backstitch method or something else?

Zorha said...

That is really sweet Sweet and I think that i am going to try something like that!

Unknown said...

Looking close at your yellow star, I would say it is done in single crochet. I do both knitting and crocheting, but that looks just like single crochet. Cute little star.

Unknown said...

I did use english paper piecing for my stars. Thank you for posting my photo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails